A schedule quality metric is a measure of quality for project schedules; a means of deriving a quantitative measurement or approximation for otherwise purely descriptive qualitative assessment.
What precaution should a project management professional take into consideration to ensure that his/her schedule quality evaluation is sound and reliable?
The quality metric designed to measure the project’s Execution Schedule should not be used to measure its DBM schedule. While the former might be a complete, fully detailed schedule ready for execution, the latter lacks maturity, details and completeness. It is like giving the University Senior Year Final examination to High School Freshmen students. It is best to understand first the most pressing quality requirements of the project schedule at its specific stage of development before applying the metric.
Do you agree? Let me know your thoughts on this.
scheduling hashtagpmsolutionpro hashtagriskbasedmanagement hashtagrufranfrago hashtagpmspnewsletter hashtagplanningandscheduling hashtagrbmsinc hashtagschedulequality
Rufran C. Frago-Author
About the Author:
Rufran C. Frago is the Founder of PM Solution Pro, a Calgary consulting, product, and training services firm focusing on project and business management solutions. He is passionate providing advice, mentorship, education and training through consultation, collaboration, and what he uniquely calls, student-led training.
BOOKS AUTHORED BY RUFRAN FRAGO
- Risk-based Management in the World of Threats and Opportunities: A Project Controls Perspective.ISBN 978-0-9947608-0-7.Canada
- Plan to Schedule, Schedule to Plan.ISBN 978-0-9947608-2-1.Canada
- How to Create a Good Quality P50 Risk-based Baseline Schedule.ISBN 978-0-9947608-1-4.Canada
- Schedule Quantitative Risk Analysis (Traditional Method).ISBN 978-0-9947608-3-8.Canada
- RISK, What are you? The Risk Management Poem: Children's Book for all Professionals.ISBN 978-0-9947608-4-5 (Canada)