Chair: H. Lance Stephenson, CCP FAACE
Vice-Chair: Michael A. Pink
RP Coordinator: Kaylyn Mickelsen, PSP
Secretary: Jeseka Snider
Technical Board Liaison: H. Lance Stephenson, CCP FAACE
The Data Science & Advanced Analytics (DSAA) Subcommittee will be responsible for establishing the scope and definition of data science & advanced analytics and developing the association’s recommended practices.
The main responsibility of the subcommittee is to bring talented, competent and creative cost engineering practitioners together to learn and share new skills, discover emerging methods and related technologies. This includes evolving existing practices, skills and knowledge of project data to support the broader adoption of data science & advanced analytics, which shall include the following major topics:
- Data science, data analytics, advanced analytics and AI (artificial intelligence).
- Industrial internet of things or IIoT (e.g., and remote sensing and edge computing).
- Digital twin, virtual reality, augmented reality & building information modelling (BIM).
- Additive manufacturing or 3D printing and industrialized construction (IC).
- Blockchain and smart contracts.
- Robotic process automation (RPA).
- Other emerging technologies recognized as being disruptive to the engineering and construction industry (as reported, for example, by organizations such as Gartner or McKinsey).
An important function of a subcommittee is the development of AACE recommended practices (RPs). These are peer-reviewed documents (usually < 10 pages) that define the specifics of particular methods or procedures, often derived from past papers and articles. Click here to learn more about the RP Development Guidelines and Process.