Community Rules and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our member services department via the Contact Us link on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the member services department. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
Social Media Policy & Rules of Engagement
AACE will leverage social media outlets in order to establish and maintain official sites including AACE’s platform, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc., to:
- Build relationships with current or prospective AACE members, volunteers and stakeholders
- Leverage interactions by encouraging open dialogue and discussion
- Establish thought leadership and responsibly promote products and services
- Share AACE expertise
AACE International staff will monitor outlets regularly and will be responsible for identifying, trafficking or responding to all items that might affect brand perception. While open dialogue is encouraged, conversation on official pages will be audited to ensure that comments remain professional and respectful. Inappropriate comments and content that includes the following will be removed:
- Incorrect information
- Advertising or promotion
- Comments that are slanderous or defamatory
- Vulgar, racist or ethnic slurs
All comments are the opinion of the author and do not reflect the official position of AACE International. Comments from the Executive Director and senior management of AACE will constitute “the official voice of AACE International”. Individuals wanting to make a comment to or present a question to AACE International leadership or staff should submit them directly to AACE International headquarters using the contact information available at http://web.aacei.org/home/contact-us. Comments are an important part of the conversation and a foundational aspect of social media. We will not delete a comment just because we disagree with the commenter’s point of view.
While we recognize the importance of Freedom of Speech, we encourage following “Rules of Engagement” as outlined below when posting or commenting on AACE International’s social media pages:
- Use facts – Ensure that you are providing accurate information so that you are not misleading readers.
- Be respectful – Respect the AACE brand, members, volunteers, stakeholders and staff.
- Use good judgment – Think through the implications of your post or comment prior to posting.
- Consider the AACE brand – The image of AACE as the Authority for Total Cost Management must be maintained. What you post may be viewed by members, volunteers, customers, staff, etc. and may remain in public view for a long period of time.
- Do not expect privacy – Personal information should not be posted. Social media sites are not private and the expectation of privacy is not conveyed as a user.
- Ask for permission – You should not cite or reference members, volunteers, organizations, etc. without their approval.
- Do not disclose, use or comment on AACE International confidential or proprietary information.
This site is provided as a service for the members of AACE International. AACE International is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by AACE International or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall AACE International be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants AACE International and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
AACE International does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of AACE International we will take all appropriate action.
AACE International reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
AACE respects the privacy of our members and other visitors to our web site. To protect online privacy, AACE has implemented the following policy which may be amended at any time. Amendments will be posted to this web page.
What information does AACE collect?
AACE collects data to better serve our members and the professions we support. We may collect personally identifiable information about you, such as full name, phone number and email address when you register for an account. If you choose to make a purchase from us, we or our third-party payment processors will collect your payment information. It is our policy to collect and store only personal information that our members and visitors knowingly provide.
How do we share your information?
(a) Personally Identifiable Information from AACE Members, Registrants, and Other Customers. There are a number of areas in the AACE web site where we ask for and collect information about you, including personally identifiable information. Where we do, it is in order to serve you better, or is necessary to accomplish the service you are requesting. Examples include membership information (which may include name, address, email, telephone number and educational and professional experience information), meeting, certification and seminar registrations, security identifiers, shipping information, and product purchase information stored in online shopping carts.
Membership and registration information is used in the AACE database, which is used to generate AACE mailing lists. This includes lists provided to geographical units of AACE, for example, AACE sections. The mailing list may be used in connection with informing you about AACE services, products, meetings, and events.
(b) Non-Personally Identifiable Information from General Users. AACE does not collect personal information from users browsing our web site. Users to the public areas of AACE's web site browse anonymously. AACE collects aggregate data from users browsing our web site. AACE uses this information for purposes of statistical analysis of web site traffic. Aggregate data are only used for internal and marketing purposes, and AACE does not provide any personal identification information.
How is stored and processed?
Storage and Processing. Your information collected through AACE may be stored and processed in the United States, Europe, or any other country in which AACE or its subsidiaries, affiliates or service providers maintain facilities. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we will transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction. AACE does not sell or rent email addresses to anyone outside of AACE and its organizational entities. From time to time, to better serve our members and to supplement member dues, the AACE mailing list, in part or as a whole, is released to carefully selected third party organizations to provide you with information on technical products and services related to your profession, or that we otherwise believe is useful to our members. You may instruct us not to share information about you in the AACE mailing list with third parties by indicating this preference on your membership application when you join AACE, on your renewal form when you renew your membership, or by notifying us by email at email@example.com, or by calling us at +1.304.296.8444.
How do we protect your information?
AACE is concerned with protecting your privacy and data. For your protection, we have taken a number of steps to maximize the security of financial transactions that are accepted on the AACE web site. Credit Card processing is accomplished using secure processing services. Your entry of credit card information is encrypted when transmitted in secure mode. If for any reason you still feel uncomfortable submitting your credit card over the Internet, you can mail your information to us.
REGARDLESS OF THE PRECAUTIONS TAKEN BY YOU OR BY AACE, "PERFECT SECURITY" DOES NOT EXIST ON THE INTERNET. AACE CANNOT ENSURE OR WARRANT THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU TRANSMIT TO THIS SITE OR AACE, AND YOU TRANSMIT SUCH INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK.
General AACE Web Server Security.
All of the AACE web servers are registered as secure servers using industry-standard certificate techniques. This enables all communication between our servers to be verified when services are requested between computers.
All the personal information collected from you on our site, including names and addresses, is stored behind a "firewall," and defenses have been erected to seek to enhance the protection of your information from outside attack by hackers and curious visitors.
What Privacy Issues Arise With Links To Other Sites?
This web site contains links to other web sites, including third party organizations that provide AACE member benefit programs. AACE is not responsible for the privacy policies or content of such sites and you should read their terms and privacy policies before using them.
For European Union (EU) clients, AACE complies with the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC framework as set forth by the European Union regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. AACE adheres to the requirements of notice, choice, transfer, security, data integrity, access and enforcement.
AACE cooperates with law enforcement and other third parties to enforce laws. You authorize and recognize AACE's right and intention to disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is or may be illegal or may expose us, service or content providers we work with, or you to possible legal liability.
What Means Of Redress Are Available?
If any user suspects AACE has handled its personal information in a manner that does not comply with this Privacy Statement, please notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +1.304.296.8444.
726 East Park Avenue #180
Fairmont, WV 26554 USA